Aug 4, 2014
The Monster Tour Update
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION -
THE MONSTER TOUR- EMINEM & RIHANNA
THURSDAY - AUGUST 7, 2014
FRIDAY - AUGUST 8, 2014
ROSE BOWL STADIUM
STRONGLY URGES FANS TO ARRIVE EARLY,
CARPOOL, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PARK & RIDE
AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
PLUS ENJOY “PICNIC IN THE PARK”
PRE-SHOW FESTIVITIES STARTING AT 2 PM
Eminem & Rihanna fans: Due to the very high attendance for "THE MONSTER TOUR: EMINEM AND RIHANNA" it is crucial that you plan your trip to Rose Bowl Stadium in advance.
We are expecting a packed house for both nights; it is important that you understand that you will endure heavy LA commuter traffic in conjunction with heavy major concert traffic on a week night.
We STRONGLY URGE you to carpool and arrive at the stadium prior to 4:00 pm to help avoid major LA commuter traffic delays. Plus, starting at 2:00 pm, enjoy live music, food, refreshments and more at Picnic In The Park outside the south side of the stadium!
Fans arriving prior to 4:00PM can save $10 on general parking! If you arrive after 4:00PM you will pay the regular $40 rate.
Due to the size of the crowd, those who do not arrive early will walk in parking lots as far as 1 mile from the stadium and will be in danger of missing the start of the show.
To meet this extraordinary demand, and for your convenience, adjacent off-site parking options are available with convenient shuttle rides to and from the stadium. Also, we encourage you to take advantage of public transportation.
In order to have a great experience:
- ARRIVE EARLY - IF YOU DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY YOU WILL BE IN DANGER OF MISSING THE START OF THE SHOW: Parking Lots Open at 1:30 PM
- CARPOOL: (minimum 4 per car suggested) Fewer cars on the road = less congestion, and a better experience for everyone.
- OFFSITE PARKING & SHUTTLE SERVICE: Park in nearby Old Pasadena (at the corner of W. Union St. and N. DeLacey Ave).
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: Metro Rail service available at nearby Memorial Park Station
- PARKING: Day-of-show, General Parking at Rose Bowl Stadium is $30 per car before 4 PM, $40 per car after 4 PM and $160 for limousines and oversized vehicles (including buses and RV’s).
- Rose Bowl Stadium Parking Lots Open: 1:30 PM
- Picnic In The Park Begins: 2:00 PM
- Park & Ride Shuttle Lots Open & Buses Start Running: 2:00 PM
- Doors Open: 5:30 PM
- Show Starts: 7:30 PM
At Rose Bowl Stadium:
- Limousine Parking, Day of Show: $160
- General Parking, Day of Show: $30 before 4 PM; $40 after 4 PM
- Old Pasadena Shuttle Service, Day of Show: $10
- Parking at Parsons Shuttle Site, Day of Show: $15
DROP OFF & PICK UPS:
All drop-offs and pick-ups including taxi and rideshare drop off services will be available at the Rose Bowl Stadium in PARKING LOT I (eye).
Access to the drop off zone in parking Lot I :
- From the 134 freeway use Linda Vista at Seco
- From the 210 freeway use Seco / Mountain
- From the 110 freeway use Orange Grove at Rosemont
Then proceed as directed.
Handicap parking is available at the Rose Bowl Stadium and at the off-site shuttle park and ride locations.
PARK & RIDE SHUTTLE SERVICE:
Parking for the Park & Ride shuttles is located and accessible by the way of W. Union St. and N. DeLacey Ave in Old Pasadena. On-site parking at the Rose Bowl Stadium is extremely limited and all spots will be used. The Park & Ride shuttle lots are a very convenient alternative. Lots open and buses start running at 2 PM. They will operate continuously until about 90 minutes after the show. Shuttle buses are ADA accessible.
We encourage you to have at least four (4) persons in your vehicle. This will improve the parking and traffic experience for all fans. Four (4) persons per car means approximately 10,000 fewer cars on the road and in the parking lots, which benefits everyone!
Public transportation is a great alternative for getting to the show. Go Metro! Fans wishing to use Metro Rail should take the Gold Line to Memorial Park Station (on the corner of Holly and Raymond— two blocks from the shuttle location).
Metro Rail trains will run according to regular schedules throughout the day, into the evening and following the concert.
For more details on getting to the concert via Metro go to the Trip Planner at www.metro.net or call (800) COMMUTE.
PICNIC IN THE PARK:
Not only will arriving early minimize your travel time and reduce the distance you will have to walk to get to the stadium (those who arrive after 4:00 p.m. are anticipated to walk in parking lots as far as 1 mile from the stadium and will be in danger of missing the start of the show), we have exciting pre-concert activities planned. Opening to the public at 2:00 pm, Picnic In The Park will give you the opportunity to relax and socialize with your friends at the Rose Bowl Stadium’s Area H outside of Gate A. There will be live music, interactive games and food & beverage stations available for all fans to enjoy what promises to be a great pre-concert event.
Please plan to arrive early, enjoy Picnic In The Park and be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For additional details, including parking lot maps, venue updates and more, go to:http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/
Please be sure to follow the Rose Bowl Stadium on Facebook and Twitter on the day of the show to get up to date traffic and parking updates @RoseBowlStadium.
-- The Rose Bowl Stadium Staff