Rose Bowl Stadium Rules and Prohibited Items
The Rose Bowl Stadium has implemented a clear bag policy for all events at the Rose Bowl Stadium. We encourage fans to conform to the policy prior to arriving at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Otherwise large purses and bags must be returned to vehicle or checked in for a fee of $10 at one of the stadium's item check-in tents.
- 12" x 6" x 12" Clear Plastic Bag
- 1 Gallon Plastic Freezer Bag
- Clutch with Shoulder Strap (clutch may not be larger than 4.5" X 6.5")
- Clutch with Wrist Strap (clutch may not be larger than 4.5" X 6.5")
- Diaper Bag, as long as accompanied by a child
- Camera Case
- Mesh Bag
- Clear Backpack
- Tinted Plastic Bag
- Oversized Tote Bag
- Printed Pattern Plastic Bag
- Fanny Pack
- Binoculars Case
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
In an effort to improve the game-day experience for fans at Southern California sports events, sports venues throughout the area, working as the Los Angeles Sports Council Task Force on Fan Behavior, have collectively developed the Southern California Fan Code of Conduct.
The Southern California Fan Code of Conduct lists 10 common-sense guidelines intended to foster a safe and comfortable atmosphere for all spectators. Although most venues and teams already have their own codes of conduct, this is the first time a common code, which could subject violators to ejection or arrest, will apply to multiple area sports facilities.
The Rose Bowl Stadium, UCLA Bruins, Rose Bowl Game and Los Angeles Sports Council support the area’s outstanding collegiate sports teams. In order to ensure a safe and celebratory environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events:
- Profanity or other offensive language, whether spoken or appearing on apparel
- Smoking (The Rose Bowl is a non-smoking facility)
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- Violation of state or local laws
Failure to comply may subject you to ejection or arrest.
Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to team/venue personnel. We welcome your help in our efforts to provide an enjoyable experience for all guests.
There are no in-and-out privileges at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Once you exit the stadium, you may not re-enter.
The following items are not permitted into the stadium:
- Bags that violate the Bag Policy (See Bag Policy)
- Balls, toys or sports equipment
- Banners, signs, flags, poles or sticks
- Beverage containers larger than 17 oz. (Factory sealed plastic bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed; limit 2 per person)
- Boxes or wrapped packages
- Cans, glass bottles or alcoholic beverages
- Glass, metal or hard plastic containers
- Helium balloons
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers including thunder sticks, musical instruments, whistles, air horns and boom boxes
- Outside Food
- Skates, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters or bicycles
- Unauthorized cameras with lenses longer than 3.5 inches, interchangeable or telephoto lenses
- Unauthorized video cameras, monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
- Weapons or projectiles
Note: Strollers are welcome but not allowed to be stored in an aisle or under a seat. Strollers may be checked in at the following Guest Services Location - Tunnel 18 or at the Checked Items Tent located at Gate C.
*These prohibited items are subject to change at any time.
Tailgating is an important part of the game day experience for you the fan. We are committed to creating a fan friendly environment that is safe for all to enjoy. For most fans, tailgating is a time for celebrating team and school spirit among family and friends. You as fans play an important role in helping to preserve tailgating as that type of experience. For your safety and the enjoyment of all, we ask that you please help by observing these tailgating guidelines:
- Public intoxication and alcohol impaired behavior will be addressed aggressively by law enforcement. If you see alcohol related behavior getting out of hand, please IMMEDIATELY contact tailgating Ambassadors, Police, or Parking Personnel or call 911 to report the location and to describe the incident. Pasadena Police, security and parking personnel will be present to ensure that you enjoy the game in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Fights and threatening behavior against other fans will also be addressed aggressively by law enforcement.
- Tailgating Ambassadors will continuously patrol the lots to provide information and assistance and to ensure that tailgaters comply with established guidelines. tailgating Ambassadors will be dressed in green uniforms and will be on bicycles.
- General parking lots (golf course, ball diamonds, Area H, West Drive RV parking) open at different times depending on the event. Please visit the Event Page for more information when inquiring about your event. When entering the parking lot, it is important to follow directions from parking personnel. Please note that there are no “in and out” privileges for vehicles.
- Overnight parking is prohibited.
- Parking lots close 90 minutes following the conclusion of the game.
- Parking is first come-first served. No saving of parking spaces is permitted.
- Please be respectful to fans around you, other vehicles and stadium property.
- Roadways, aisles and other parking areas must be kept clear of tailgating equipment so that other vehicles and emergency personnel may park or pass through.
- Tailgating at your vehicle should not interfere with the normal flow of traffic. tailgating Ambassadors will patrol these areas to ensure compliance.
- Guests must tailgate in front of or behind their vehicle only.
- A small tent (not larger than 10'x10') may be erected in front of or behind your vehicle only.
- Open flames are not permitted in any tailgate or parking area. Charcoal grills are not permitted in the RV parking area (West Drive). All barbecue grills must be raised off the ground.
- Charcoal grills are permitted in most tailgate areas. Please dispose of charcoal properly after use.
- Please do not use glass containers. All drinks should be placed in plastic/disposable cups.
- Please do your best to clean up your tailgating area before entering the game. Bring trash bags with you to dispose of trash. Neatly tied trash bags can be left at your tailgate area or taken to dumpsters located throughout the parking lot areas. Please refrain from leaving loose trash and litter in the parking areas.
- Playing of games that involve the consumption of alcohol or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia are prohibited.
- Use of controlled substances and underage drinking are against the law.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages in tailgating areas after kick-off is prohibited.
- Selling of items or soliciting of any promotional or marketing activities are prohibited without written authorization from the event promoter and the Rose Bowl Operating Company. For additional information, contact the Rose Bowl administration office at (626) 577-3100.
- Excessively loud amplified music (such as DJ's or live entertainment) is prohibited. Music with inappropriate language is prohibited in the tailgating areas.
- Box trucks, trailers, grill in-tow or any catering service from an outside source are not permitted in parking lots.
- Tailgate areas are for tailgating only. Organized, large-scale parties will be accommodated only in specific areas of Rose Bowl parking lots and must be arranged in advance through Rose Bowl Management. Examples of organized, large-scale parties include, but are not limited to: tents larger than 10'x 10'; rental furniture, on-site catered food; fencing; reserved space; amplified sound; commercial grills, corporate or commercially sponsored parties. For more information concerning organized parties, contact RBOC (626) 577-3100.
- FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE GUIDELINES, ALONG WITH ALL APPLICABLE CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS, STADIUM OR EVENT POLICIES MAY RESULT IN CITATION OR ARREST AS WELL AS LOSS OF tailgaiting PRIVILEGES AND/OR GAME TICKETS.
- If you need assistance or observe a potential problem, contact tailgating Ambassadors, Police, or Parking Personnel or call 911.